Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Steelmaster Quonset hut Customer - Bottcher, Steel Cave Review

"It looks like a military Quonset hut and is the perfect shape for maximum freedom of overhead space,"

"When I get too old for the gym, it will become a carport."

"I chose to buy a SteelMaster building because it met my three main criteria: I needed the arch height, which is perfect for overhead work; I wanted something that wouldn’t mold, bend, rot, or require upkeep; and the SteelMaster building is less expensive than any wood structure of its size."

"My father and I put it together,"

"We are very strong men; three to four people would have been ideal, but it can be done by two with average "handy-man" ability. I leveled the foundation first, erected it using common sense, spread stone mulch and then topped it off with rubber flooring. By staking the foundation so that the structure can push against it, I made up for the lack of a proper, solid foundation. And, if I want to expand, I would just order additional pieces and add them on."

The price was worth the space, and it is better than shingled structures. It is strong-I walk on top of it. It withstands New England weather, and animals can't degrade it. The coating prevents rust and scrapes-I will die of old age before the structure shows wear. It doesn't require insulation, and it is almost soundproof."

No comments:

Post a Comment