Monday, August 29, 2011

Steelmaster Buildings Customer - Lyles, Danny TN SM House Review

"I decided to build the SteelMaster house because I am now 50 years old, not an antique yet, but I have had some health issues in the past,"

"I wanted a new house with all new 'stuff' in it, so if I have health troubles down the road hopefully I won't have to be working on the house. My present house has steps to climb to get in it. The SteelMaster house is built at ground level so it is far easier to get into, especially if I have mobility troubles later on."

We started building the SteelMaster house about eight months ago-the 'shells' went up in about a month and the shop was completed in two weeks after that,"

"Last week we started on the house inside wood framing, but we are in no hurry to complete the house since I still have a good house to live in."

"It could be called a super insulated house,"

"I put 2" foam board under the concrete floor, sprayed in foam insulation on the inside of the SteelMaster 'shell' , and the end walls are 2" x 6" wood framed with spray foam on the inside and foam board on the outside with a metallic type of house wrap covered with shake looking vinyl siding on both ends. The house has three windows-two in the front wall and one in the rear wall."

No comments:

Post a Comment