Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Customized Three Car Steel Carport

When Darcy Niedermeyer of Seattle, Washington sets out to assemble something, she does what any smart woman does… she reads the directions first.

Darcy knows a thing or two about construction. She runs her own kitchen remodeling business. First, she sells the idea and visual concept to a client. Then she sits down at her computer and works her magic using a graphic design program and creates scale models of what a customer's kitchen will actually look like, once the project is completed. She is very successful and enjoys every minute of her occupation.

Success does keep one busy though, and Darcy is a hard-worker. This brings us to the reason she hired a contractor to add a SteelMaster roof and shell to an existing carport attached to her home.

Prior to learning about the SteelMaster product line, Darcy already knew what would not work. Her home has a flat roof. With the remnants of the carport attached to the house, she did not want the roof of her carport to arch up to a point, making the carport roof higher than that of her home. She knew a traditional roof would not cut it either. She knew she did not want a mix-matched flat roof to ruin the curbside appeal of her beautifully landscaped and well-cared for home. So, she did what any tech savvy woman would do. She got on-line and started her search.

When she searched the web and found the SteelMaster website, she knew she needed to go no further.

SteelMaster's aesthetically pleasing steel arch shaped carport roof was just the product she was hoping to find. Further, the clear-span was just what she needed. Not having any ceiling to ground support beams running through the middle of the inside of her carport was perfect.

"The SteelMaster website was so impressive. With all of the pictures and customer testimonials, I was sold before I even called to get a price. Once I called the Virginia Beach headquarters, I was pleased to speak to the knowledgeable sales and design staff. They knew what I needed and how I could get it accomplished. Since I wanted to keep my existing footings, being able to buy only what I needed was an added bonus,” Darcy said.

Due to her busy schedule, Darcy hired a contractor she knew through her business. The SteelMaster kit was delivered on time and work began. However, their lead carpenter seemed to be scratching his head more than working on the roof assembly. Darcy headed outside to see what the delay could possibly be. Realizing she probably should not have been, she was surprised to see the he (the lead carpenter) had not read the directions enclosed with the kit. Darcy picked them up and read through them.

"The directions were clear and concise to me,” said Darcy. "The only thing that may have made them better was if SteelMaster used an A, B, C system labeling the pieces with a black Sharpie pen. I had absolutely no problem however; the non English speaking carpenter helpers were also at a loss.”

SteelMaster kit directions are available in just about any language. But Darcy did not know the lead carpenter would not read them first – and his helpers would not understand them.

"As it turned out, I ended up getting them started and assisting in the assembly of my own carport. I think they may have been a little embarrassed… GIRL POWER! YES!” Darcy laughed.

"I have to add that since my carport has been completed, people stop and actually approach me when I am outside. I find myself thinking, now – what do they want? Or, am I in some kind of trouble?” she laughed again.

"People are just curious about my carport. People randomly stop by to tell me how cool it looks from the street! And I must add, I think it is pretty cool too. I am extremely satisfied with my SteelMaster product and would refer them to anyone,” remarked Darcy.

SteelMaster's steel and metal pre-engineered buildings are designed for a broad range of residential and commercial applications including homes, farm buildings, garages, workshops, agricultural storage, Quonsets, airplane hangars, RV storage, roofing systems, carports, military buildings, commercial warehousing, and industrial storage as well as a wide variety of custom building applications including athletic facilities, retail stores, churches, bus stops, smoke shacks, doggie dorms, and correctional facilities.

SteelMaster is glad Darcy Niedermeyer does not mind referring others to us. And, as one of our newest "Partners in Steel” or PIS, we hope she makes some extra cash along the way for her referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment